Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday October 20th

5:30 AM - 27 minutes easy. Legs were pretty sore the first five minutes but warmed up quickly. For some reason the top of my left foot gets sore when I run lately. I think it is the new shoes. Ran on Beechwood Blvd from my house to Frick Park entrance.

6:45PM
  • 21 minute warmup to track @ Schenley Park
  • Drills, Leg Swings
  • 6 x 800 meter repeats. 3:15-3:20 goal. 2:00 shag jog in between.
  • Actual times: 3:14, 3:17, 3:17: 3:16: 3:18; 3:18
  • Stretch. 30 minute cooldown

Rating: 75
Felt pretty good overall. The 2:00 rest was just enough time. I felt like my form started to fall apart a little on the last two. My stride didn't feel as fluid and my legs felt tight. I need to get new yellow flats. I ran in my flats to the track and on my cooldown because I didn't want to run there with shoes in my hands. This was a mistake, I need to make sure I am wearing shoes with better support to prevent injuries. Especially because the yellow flats are pretty worn out. My shins are a little sore, and I have a blister on the pad of my right foot. Thirty minute cooldown felt good. Next workout I think I should pick up the speed a little on my run afterwards and increase the time by about 10 minutes. Pittsburgh is soo hilly!! My warmup was a lot of uphill then downhill, etc etc.

No comments: