Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last Few Days...

Monday, October 27th

5:00AM - 40 minutes recovery run

Rating: 90
Comments: Surprisingly I felt really good today! My legs really weren't that sore at all. I took in nice and slooow for the first 20 minutes and picked it up just a little on the last half.

Tuesday, October 28th

6:45AM - 30 minutes relaxed morning run in Charleston, WV
8:45PM - 20 minute warmup, drills, 5 x 1:30 hill repeats, jog down the hill for recovery, 10 minute cooldown.

Rating: 70
The morning run was fine. A bit chilly, but I felt good.
The evening workout was very hard. I felt great on the warmup! Very fluid. The hill repeats were very tough. The hill started at the bottom of the hill by CMU and ended at the second lamp post. Pretty steep hill. Each one I was breathing really hard. Definitely by the last one my form was starting to drop a little. I think for the next hill workouts I will try to do a few different things. 1) Do hill ladders (3x :30, 3x 1:00, 3x 1:30, etc) or do hill repeats, 25 minutes fast, hill repeats, etc.
I had driven back from Charleston, WV (about 4 hours) that day, so my legs were quite tired. Hamstring hurt a little bit that night.

Wednesday, October 29th
7:30 PM
45 minute recovery run
Upper Body Weights
Rating: 70
Felt good for the first half, but felt a little sluggish for the second half of the run. It was sooo cold and snowed for the first time today.

No comments: